May 4, 2009

What is your space I.Q.? ... and departmentals

How much do you know about space science? Would you like to take a test?

Find out more in
this link.
How many did you get right?

Was there something you learned that was really interesting? Share it with us, please, we would love to know!

The first departmental exam will be on Friday week 6 at 11:30 and the second on Friday week 11 at 11:30.

Arianna recommended this video on the size of the universe and Alejandro N. a link on why we call our galaxy the Milky Way. I hope you find them interesting.

14 comments:

Maria Fernanda Baez said...

Profe este test me hizo acordar sobre el link que puso el trimestre pasado de que el hombre realmente nunca había pisado la luna. Una de las cosas que me llamo mucha la atención de este enlace es que en el espacio si hay fuerza de gravedad porque sino la luna y los planetas se dispersarían por todos lados, puede ser cierto esto y también de que Júpiter no es el unico planeta con anillo.Las otras hipótesis de que si hay vida en otros planetas, y que existen seres que pueden sobrevivir sin ningun tipo de proteccion si me lo imaginaba por todas la teorias que ya se han planteado, aunque todavia no estoy 100% segura ya que ninguna de estas se ha comprobado

Anonymous said...

Profe este link esta excelente!.. es uno de los que mas me ha gustado.. de todas las hipotesis la que siempre me ha llamado la atencion es la vida en otros planetas!.. seria extra;o pensar que si existen ellos nos esten estudiando asi como nosotros a ellos!.. jejeje.. o quien sabe.. capaz y ya nos estudiaron completos y nosotros no sabemos si ellos existen!..

Gracias Profe, nos vemos ma;ana en clase!..

Romina Hernandez

José Mauricio Rodríguez said...

Thank you for the post. Is a very interesting article! There are some things that I did not know. For example, I thought that Jupiter had no rings. Well, the realiy is that all of the gas giant planets in our solar system (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) have rings. Other topics are very amazing, as the ion engine and the topic of the teleportation (is a atomic teleportation, but is a start..)

vegas william said...

jaja buen test profesora y el artículo muy interesante ... y ya que estamos proponiendo algunos videos me gustaria presentar esta serie llamada: el universo elegante.
en español: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSo34RYrng

en ingles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULlR_pkHjUQ&feature=related

son aproximadamente 15 videos la serie pero vale la pena verlos. Que los disfruten.

Arianna M Diaz-Merry V said...

Hi! i think that it is really interesting because there are some things that maybe we can believe true, but it just fiction and is important know all those “false” statements because thanks to it we can talk properly about the universe and don’t say anything that is just fiction and not a fact like “There is no gravity in deep space” =) I like that link it as very interesting and we can learn a lot from it!

hymalai said...

Well this video recommended by Ariana, I really do not like a lot compared to others I've seen on the blog, the video information that has not taught me anything new or impressive as the others.

It's just that we are considering the controversies of the universe, and I do not think this is it given enough importance to the topic.

What I liked was the quiz, I learned many things.

Marielis Rojas said...

good like Maria fernanda and Jose Mauritius not creia that Jupiter tapeworm ring. the one of the existence of life in other planets already is a theory that venia working along d elos times, for example but sounded it is the Mars study to find signs human. also he is imprecionante the one of the gravity, creia that not existia, or that was like in the moon smaller than the one of the Earth. good in Physics central forces estan to us explaining the d elas, for example between a planet and the sun, I imagine that it is for reasons like which they maintain me to the planets in a practically elliptical orbit

Adriana Carolina Gil said...

Taking this test made me realize that my knowledge of the universe is pretty lower than basic...
I didnt know that the most common bacterias could live in space for years. I also didnt know that this organisms can survive, multiply or even reproduce in such greater temperatures.
At the end I prefered to stop taking the test and just read to inform myself....!

Adriana Carolina Gil said...

By the way, the milky way link is great!
I thought that its name was because of its look and because of its similar appearence to milk but I wasnt quite sure if it was the reason of calling it that way.

Adriana Carolina Gil said...

By the way, the milky way link is great!
I thought that its name was because of its look and because of its similar appearence to milk but I wasnt quite sure if it was the reason of calling it that way.

Adriana Carolina Gil said...

Sorry I post it twice.... but i have problems with my internet

Alberto Kabbabe Machado said...

I found very interesting that fact they mentioned about the TIE in the Star Wars movies, its awesome how this idea from the 70`s was proved a few years ago.

María Alejandra Sánchez. said...

I think the quiz is very good because it's helpful to clear what real and false about the universe. With all the fiction movies we can confuse the information that we know about the space, this influence can make us believe in something that is such a history not real, invented for a movie.
Besides it's also possible that some thing that we see in movies are real and we think that's just another fantastic idea for the movie and it's not. For example the two suns of Luke Skywalker's planet, I thought that was really estrange in that moment.

Carla Guadalupe Cabello López. said...

Hello  I`ve been lost… but I have being really busy. Well… I took the quiz and I got 6 rights, 3 wrong and one that I didn’t answer… It was really nice, I liked the explanations that the give for each statement because they aren’t too long and are very clear, and they go exactly to the main idea of what they want to say.

I didn’t know anything about the basic premise of teleportation, it really impressed me…

Carla Guadalupe Cabello López