There is a video in Youtube about the doppler effect, actually there are many. These are two I found interesting but you may find lots of others. Make comments on anything new to you, what it made you think of, other examples, whatever ...Doppler Effect: sound and water as samples.
Red shift and galaxy movement.
Big Bang Theory (TV series)
21 comments:
The two first videos were very interesting, now i know a little more about doppler effect, i found the redshift phenomenon really amazing! hey teacher Sheldon rocks!
Wuao… the videos were really interesting. I learned a lot with them. I didn’t know anything about the Doppler Effect maybe, because I prefer to read about other topics. I don’t like physics but now I think that I might get interested in some physic-interesting topics... Because they are certain connected with life.
Is really amazing how everything in the world has an explanation of their origin. Maybe if we take care of things like this we will appreciate more our Planet and try to save it, like as I said in “the Earth day”.
Carla Guadalupe Cabello López.
The Doppler Effect is really interesting, I think it’s amazing that something that we see all days like the sound of a car when it passes is principle that it is used by astronomers to study something in the universe.
Many people don’t know the Doppler Effect and it is something regular in the life, that’s why it’s important to understand what is this about. I like These videos because they make a good explanation of the Doppler effec, better than Sheldon !!!
Really struck me these videos are really interesting, so understanding what you were talking about the effect doopler. Understood that this effect is the reason for the expansion of our galaxy and many others, besides that there is a relationship between the distance of the object and the intensity of the waves, as is the fact shift network, through which this is calculated the distance of the object with respect to an observer.
Examples in these videos make it easier to understand the logic of the subject. I liked this issue, I hope to continue discussing in class.
Both videos are an information great sources.
In my opinion the first one is very clear and is easy to understand the Doppler effect:) although i didn't know nothing about these phenomenons
Also i think the Doppler effect and the red shift are very important knowledges for the modern physic because could provide meaningful answers to the mystery that we are causing our universe.
The videos are pretty interesting. I thinnk the first one ( Doppler Effect: sound and water as samples) is easier to understand, because they know how to explain the term very well.
Really i didn´t know nothing about the doppler effect. Before i saw the videos, it seems to me like something boring and complicated,after that i have seen this videos i think that this topic is amazing and very interesting but still very complicated to be studied in subject like physics. nevertheless i have i notion about what is the doppler efecct and which is the funtion of these study.
Edgar Cedeño
Hey both videos are excellent, I could understand better, because in the guide there aren't diagrams that illustrate certain definitions.
The first video is very illustrative and the second video is interesting but boring hehe :P
Kevin Esposito
Both videos are very interesting, and to see something that is with us every day and all the time (sounds and light) is used to study the distance between galaxies and stars, well makes you feel so small xD.
I liked how the whole thing was explained...very graphic and easy to understand.
Diego Rubertelli
now I understand the relation between the intensity of the object and the relation of her with the distance, associated to the colors red and blue, also comprendi that the Doppler effect consists of the variation of the wavelength of any type of wave emitted or received by a sprite, this is moderate with respect to a obsevador and it is possible to be related to the extension of the galaxy.
both videos were very interesting. Is very impressive how change the colors of the waves, and how this can be used to prove things like the expantion of the universe.
The videos are very interesting! I think these are a great explanation and illustration of the Doppler Effect and the red shift.
This helps us learn more about these important topics and understand them better.
The grapics of the second video are really good too!
i think that both videos are really interesting, and they brings me a little more information about doppler effect and red shift phenomenom that is really amazing
The videoes are very interesting, especially, because the topic that discusses is really important, specially for this technological generation who is constant getting up-to-date and looking for answers, theories and hypothesis of our history and our creation.
Everything in this world has an explanation, and always there will have someone who finds it
I think that the two videos were very interesting, I guess that is a very good way to learn about the physics topics. The Doppler Effect, is an colors spectro, invisible waves and they are part of our life, and we know about the red-shift in the galaxies, because when we see them with telescope, we see that the galaxies are moving away from of, the are in constant expansion and this is called the red-shift.
The physics effects, everyone of them, are very important in life, everything happen with them, the gravity, the sounds, the movements, and I think that it is very interesting.
Alfredo Correa
very interesting videos it´s amazing to know a little bit more about our universe. i liked how they used examples from the daily life to explains things like the doppler effect, i think is very good way to do it because in that way many people who think this kind of stuff is boring could get interested on it.
These videos are very funny and interesting, it explain the phenomenon that we have studied this way simple and amusing through illustrations ...
The knowledge of these phenomenon is vital, research has explained the nature of the surprising effects that could give origin to our universe. I think is important to know such issues because we are just studying in this university to be professionals in the science and technology... and not only this, but also the topic to develop throughout this quarter really very interesting, entertaining and informative, it also allows the development of our skills in English.
The videos are very interesting and fun, a great way to explain the Doppler effect and redshift. The examples are very successful and are direct applications of these phenomena. I really liked and was able to clarify the doubts that I had
The Doppler Effect is a very interesting topic, because is one of the most credible evidences about the theory of the big bang, as we know it is related to the origin of the universe.
I found the twho first videos very interesting. Now I get how the doppler effects works because before it was very confusing for me.
BTW, Sheldon rules
Those videos really help me to understand redshift, in the guide don't explain that very well. this videos i think the ilustrations are very helpful and useful because withput them i wouldn't understand the moves of the waves and they explain the topic for kids (i love when somebody explain things to me in that way). i really like the cow part jajaja. teacher i very love that you had put a video from the big bang theory i always see it! sheldon is so crazy! love it!
Vanessa Garcia
Post a Comment